02 February, 2009

Yea, 6 more weeks of winter!

The famous Punxsutawney Phil was pulled out of his log today in front of 13,000 people to get a good look at his shadow, and according to the long history of Groundhogs day that means 6 more weeks of winter! I know many of you are groaning, but I have to admit I am very happy. If you live or have ever lived in Vegas, you understand, too, I am sure. The summers are so killer hot here, and spring would mean that summer is that much closer. People move to Vegas for the winters definitely not the summers. Besides, it already does feel like spring. January's average for the month was in the 60's. So I say, YEEAAAA winter, stay for as long as you want. I think I need to do a winter (rain) dance.

2 comments:

Nate and Chelsea said...

I agree! I love winter!! And I live in the heart of Utah. Yay snow! :)

Whitni said...

I don't mind winter so much down here in Louisiana :) Although, last night it dropped to 29 degrees! (That's really cold in 90% humidity)

We love you all and miss you! Hope everything works out with Kent's job!

ESPN NBA Team