05 December, 2008

Thanksgiving- family, and old and new friends




I love Thanksgiving. This Thanksgiving was spent with family, old friends, and new. We got to spend time with some old friends of ours Kirsten and Robert DeWyze who were in town visiting her family. We had a lot of fun with them. My kids keep talking about their friends Karalee and Leon, and keep asking when we can go visit them.
We had Thanksgiving dinner at my parent's house. It was the first time in I don't know how long that all my brothers and sisters were together for the holiday. It was a full house.
We also got to meet Josh's new girlfriend Ilse (pronounced Eel-say, that's how she told me). She is adorable. We had a fantastic time with her. She is not only beautiful (remember UNLV homecoming queen this year), but she is funny, smart, and she loves Twilight just as much as we do. We spent Thanksgiving with her, and then Josh brought her and her little sister to our house on Saturday. Melissa came over too, and we introduced Ilse to the game of "Kent Always Wins" (scum). We had a lot of fun, and I think Josh is getting pretty attached to her. There is not a day that goes by that he doesn't tell me how awesome she is. We'll just have to see what happens. Well, I hope you all had a wonderful time too.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, Kent did win! He never lost a round. He especially never lost a round to Melissa!

Mandy Walton said...

THANK YOU for naming the game "Kent Always Wins". At least we can all admit it now, that the definition of SCUM=KENT...ha ha ha ha ha...
I am going to find some new, HARD, mind boggling game, and bring it over on Christmas and try to see if Kent can win THAT one!

ESPN NBA Team